Garuda was our first big build.
We knew we wanted to compete at the Final Fantasy Fan Fest and needed a character that would be both challenging and well received. We sat down at the computer, with a couple glasses of bourbon, and started research. We came across a well known crazy four winged bird lady and knew that’s what we wanted to do. We had never made stilts, wings or used Worbla before.
We certainly learned a lot with this build and it sparked an interest to learn even more!
Stencil Plastic Sheeting
Acrylic Pearl Top Coat
(Based on Tutorial by Aleze)
Black Knee High Heeled Boots
Threaded Metal Rods
Foamies EVA Foam-2 mm
Hot Wire Foam Factory Tools
Pink Insulation Foam
Four Way Stretch Spandex Bodysuit
- Bending PVC Pipe
- Heat Forming PETG Plastic Sheeting
- Wing Mounts Using Adjustable Flagpole Brackets
- Cutting Custom Stencils
- Heat Forming EVA Foam and Worbla
- Sculpting Insulation Foam
- Sealing EVA Foam and Worbla with Gesso
- Fabricating PVC Stilts
- Carving Expanding Foam
- Making feathers from EVA foam